The Diamant passage is looking up
The Diamant passage/gap site has been successfully restored with the support of CNT, a grant from the Civic Forum Foundation and the site’s neighbour, Mr Adam Hoffmeister.
The cubist arch of Diamant passage on the corner of Lazarska street in Prague 1 shines again thanks to its new plaster and copper sheathing. Designed by architect Emil Králíček in the 1930‘s, it connects the cubist house of the same name and the Holy Trinity Church. The empty pedestal below the arch is still awaiting the return of the baroque statue of St. John of Nepomuk, which is being restored by the Prague City Gallery. Following its return to its place, the sculpture will be looked after by the Prague Municipality.
This is a first step to the reconstruction of the whole passage Diamant.